How do I join Round Prairie Baptist Church???
At the close of each service, we extend an invitation for people to come forward to receive prayer, counseling, or information about joining our church. At that time, our pastor can assist you and gather any necessary information. As a general rule, you can unite with Round Prairie in one of the following ways:
- A profession of faith in Jesus Christ, followed by Scriptural baptism
- Affirmation of faith in Jesus Christ, followed by Scriptural baptism
- Statement of faith in Jesus Christ and Scriptural baptism
- Transferring membership from another Baptist church of like faith
Why do we baptize?
- To follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- To follow the command of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- To give public testimony of “who” you are and “whose” you are.
Baptism is a picture of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. As you are standing in the water, it provides a picture of His life. As you are lowered into the water, it symbolizes His death. His resurrection from the dead is beautifully illustrated as you are raised up from the water.
There is also another picture portrayed during baptism! While standing in the water, you represent your old life before Christ. As you are placed below the water, you will identify with Christ’s sacrifice, death, and burial to purchase your salvation. When you are brought out of the water, you are raised to walk a new life with Christ as His disciple!